How to Know Which Keywords Are the Best for Your Website: Advice That We Think Will Help
When people are thinking about best keywords for their website, they often get confused with all of the conflicting advice out there. There’s a lot more to SEO than just picking the best keywords. In this blog post, we will go over how to find best keywords for your website as well as best practices on how to rank higher in Google search results!
What are keywords and why are they important for SEO?
Keywords are the words that best describe what your website is about. They will be used to help people find your site when they search for a topic related to yours on Google or other search engines (like Bing, Yahoo!, and Ask).
For example, when you are searching for “best social media marketing agency in Austin”, the keyword is only one: “best social media marketing agency in Austin”. If you, on the other hand, search “social media Austin”, that will be the keyword.
Why are keywords important for your website?
Keywords are the best way for people to find your site. They’re important because when they search Google, it will show them the best result that is most relevant to their query.
How to find keywords for SEO? What should you do first?
For best results picking keywords:
– Do some research on what potential customers might be searching for: For example, you might want to take a look at what keywords people are using on Google and other search engines for your business.
– Use Google Search Console to look at your best selling or most popular products to see if there are any keywords that they share. If your website is new and you don’t have enough data on your Google Search Console, you can still pick keywords based on a competitor analysis (no worries, keep reading, we’ll explain what this means!).
– Use Google’s Keyword Tool and other tools like it to find best keywords related to the information on your website. These will be words that best describe what your site is about and most importantly, the questions that your future buyers are asking.
– Look at the keywords that are already ranking highly on Google for content similar to yours: This will give you a good idea of how competitive it is, but also show you which words might be best associated with your website.
What should I do next? Best practices for optimizing keyword usage.
Once you know about 10-20 fundamental keywords that will take your future buyers to find your site, you’ll use those keywords and variations to create your content.
– Use best keywords in titles, headlines, and content: Titles are the first thing searchers see on Google’s search results page. Putting your best keyword at the beginning of the title will help you rank higher. It also helps to use it in a headline and throughout your long form content as well when relevant!
– Try using your main keywords in your URL:
Example: If you are creating a page for your fitness coaching services, your URL will have www.websitename/fitness-coaching-city.
– Use keywords throughout the content of your website, not just at the beginning or end and make sure they are naturally part of what you’re saying: It’s important to use them where it makes sense to, not just where it’s best for SEO.
– Use keywords in your meta description: This is the short piece of text that pops up when you do a Google search about your topic and it will also show up on other sites like Facebook or Twitter. The best way to optimize them is by picking one or two best keywords from your best content and using them in your meta description.
– Use keywords when posting on social media:
Content you post to Facebook, Twitter, or other sites like these will often show up on Google’s page as well for people searching the same topics that they’re interested in. If possible use best keywords followed by a short sentence about what you’re posting about, for best results.
– Add keywords to your backlinks: One way that people sometimes try to hack the system and rank higher in Google is by getting their link on another site where they show up highly ranked already (like a best website directory). These are called “backlinks”. It’s important not only to add best keywords, but to do so naturally and not make it look like you’re trying too hard.
– Make sure best keywords are in the title tags: If your website uses HTML code that’s visible on a web page then best keyword should be at the beginning of each relevant line, before any other text is displayed. This will help your best keywords show up on the top of your page.
How many keywords do you need for SEO?
The number of keywords will depend on the content that you are trying to ranking for. The more competitive the topic, the more keywords and keyword variations you’ll need.
You can have a high converting page with a handful of keywords. The number of keywords doesn’t matter. What matters is that the website page fulfills the user intent.
For this reason, we recommend taking a page by page approach.
SEO Competitor Analysis
SEO competitor analysis is an important step to SEO. It will help you choose what keywords to focus on and which ones to ignore.
What’s in a competitor analysis?
– The best keyword rankings for your competitors: This will give you a good idea of how competitive the topic is, and which words are best associated with it so far.
– Best pages to compete against using best keywords: Once you know what’s ranking well on Google in terms of content similar to yours, you can decide which best keywords to use and target.
– Best pages that rank well with best keyword variations: This is really important if you’re targeting a competitive term like “best marketing agency”. The best way to do this would be by using best SEO tools or best social media marketing agencies in Austin as your best keywords.
– Best keyword searches: If you’re targeting a specific best word it might be helpful to know what people are searching for when they enter the term in Google. This list will show that information as well and help give you an idea of how many keywords or variations there are on your topic.
It’s important to take these SEO recommendations into account on a page-by-page basis.
Take Your Online Presence To The Next Level
If you’re looking to take your site to the next level, it may be time for a full SEO audit. You can definitely do some self-auditing with tools like Google Analytics and SEMrush, but they are far from foolproof. The best way we know of is by tapping into an expert who knows how search engines work. We have been in the online marketing business since 2008 and pride ourselves on being the go-to experts when it comes to website optimization. Schedule a visit today so that one of our team members can review your site during a free consultation session – no strings attached!